1. Grammar Engine Improvements
1.1. WebSpellChecker Server 5.1.0 supports LanguageTool 4.2. We have upgraded the version of the new 3rd party grammar engine, LanguageTool, that was integrated into WebSpellChecker as a part of our major release 5.0.0.
As a part of this upgrade new and improved grammar rules for the next languages: Dutch, English, German, Greek, Portuguese, Spanish, French.
2. WebSpellChecker Proofreader (autoSearch)
We keep improving our new product, WebSpellChecker Proofreader, that has been introduced in one of our recent releases. Let us remind that WebSpellChecker Proofreader is based on SpellCheckAsYouType (SCAYT) core. It is designed to simplify the integration and combine functionality of proofread as you type functionality and proofread in a dialog.
Our paid customers can start using it at no additional fee. You can already start using first version of WebSpellChecker Proofreader. Please visit Get Started with Cloud WebSpellChecker Proofreader (autoSearch) for guidance.
- Easy to get started. A single script for all editable fields in a web app;
- Auto-search functionality which detects editable fields on web page and enables proofreading functionality;
- Proofread as you type functionality on multiply languages. Spell checking functionality is supported for 16 default languages and 152 additional languages, grammar checking functionality is available for 14 out of 16 default languages.
- Simplified box with corrections for spelling and grammar grammar problems.
- A new badge button with the WebSpellChecker Proofreader settings.
Supported in all modern browsers such as Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11+, MS Edge and Safari;
Next release 5.2.0 introduces the next major updates in WebSpellChecker Proofreader:
- Modern and user friendly interface;
- Combined proofread as you type and proofread in a dialog functionalities;
- No need in the right mouse click to see corrections for spelling and grammar problems. Now users just hover underlined work or phrase to see open a box with corrections for spelling or grammar problem.
Please visit a demo page of WebSpellChecker Proofreader to evaluate its work. This version with proofreading in a dialog functionality will be available in our upcoming release 5.2.0 (Mid of September 2018).
- [WP-2074]: Italian language spell checking: Incorrect type of the accent is used for words with final ‘e’, e.g. the Italian word for “why” is “perché“ and not “perchè”.
- [WP-1964]: Overflowed local storage: Setting the value ‘scayt_0_-161398259’ exceed the quota
- GitHub #159: SCAYT plugin for CKEditor: SCAYT polluting global page styles.