A cookie is a small data file that our web server stores on your computer or mobile device, which your browser sends to us when you return to our website. Cookies do not necessarily identify you if you are merely visiting WebSpellChecker; however, a cookie may store a unique identifier for each logged in user. The cookies WebSpellChecker sets are essential for the operation of the website, or are used for performance or functionality. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your computer or device.
How do we use them?
- Where strictly necessary. These cookies and other technologies are essential in order to enable websites to provide the feature you have requested, such as remembering you have logged in.
- For functionality. Cookies are used to remember choices you make such as language or search parameters. We use these cookies to provide you with an experience more appropriate with your selections and to make your use of the Services more tailored.
- For performance and analytics. Cookies and similar technologies collect information on how users interact with the Services and enable us to improve how the Services operate. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how visitors arrive at and browse our website to identify areas for improvement such as navigation, user experience, and marketing campaigns.
- For connection with social media. Cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our websites or link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
How can you opt-out?
You can opt-out from a certain type of cookies. To opt-out you can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from websites you visit. Many browsers include their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage objects.
If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all aspects of our Services.
You will not be able to opt-out of any cookies or other technologies that are “strictly necessary” for the Services.
We have little control over these “third party” cookies, so we suggest that you check the respective privacy policies for these external services to help you understand what data these organizations hold about you and what they do with it.
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Recaptcha: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Hotjar: https://www.hotjar.com/legal/policies/privacy/
- Disqus https://help.disqus.com/en/articles/1717103-disqus-privacy-policy
- Stripe https://stripe.com/privacy
- Automatewoo https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Tawk https://www.tawk.to/legal/
- WordPress https://automattic.com/privacy/
We use Google Analytics as a third party tracking service, but we don’t use it to track you individually or collect your Personal Data. We use Google Analytics to collect information about how our website performs and how our users, in general, navigate through and use the website(s). This helps us evaluate our users’ use of the website; compile statistical reports on activity; and improve our content and website performance.
Google Analytics gathers information over time, such as your IP address (not accessible to us), browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, time stamp, and similar data about your use of our website. We do not link this information to your user name. Google provides further information about its own privacy practices and offers a browser add-on to opt out of Google Analytics tracking.
Updates to this Policy