- Added UI localization for the Simplified Chinese and Japanese languages.
- Minor improvements accessibility based on the accessibility validation tools (reports).
- The height of the section with the list of words on the Dictionaries tab is increased to 360 pixels to improve usability.
1. Extended dictionaries of the Norwegian dialects:
- Norwegian Bokmål (nb_NO)
- Norwegian Nynorsk (nn_NO)
Check the quality of spell checking for Norwegian Bokmål and Nynorsk at the Additional languages page.
2. New additional languages for the Asian group. This release enables the long-awaited grammar checking for two new languages from the Asian group:
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN)
- Japanese (ja_JP)
Check the quality of grammar checking for Simplified Chinese and Japanese at our Additional languages demo page.
3. Enabled a new grammar rule for all English dialects that catches repeated whitespaces in writing. The rule description is “Whitespace repetition (bad formatting)”.
- [WP-3149] WProofreader: Highlighting of a selected language is cropped in Languages tab when using keyboard navigation
- [WP-3153] WProofreader: Redundant ‘aria-level’ and ‘aria-expanded’ tags with empty value present in button snippets
- [WP-3155] WProofreader: Some elements have insufficient color contrast
- [WP-3157] WProofreader: Invalid ARIA attribute values for ‘aria-labelledby’ tag in checkboxes, radio buttons and inputs
- [WP-3158] WProofreader: Invalid ARIA roles used
- [WP-3180] WProofreader: Badge disappears in iframe
- [WP-3168] WProofreader: Actions in the badge are shifted in the expanded/active state
- [WP-3163] WProofreader: Insufficient styles protection of elements
SCAYT plugin for CKEditor 4
- [WP-3172] SCAYT plugin for CKEditor 4: Unsupported locale parameter ‘ru’ when browser localization is set to Russian