- Added the customInsertText event that provides certain flexibility in the process of the text insertion. Here you can find an example of using customInsertText event.
- Updated API documentation with the up-to-date information about the available options and default values.
The following options have been added:
|autoDestroy||boolean||false||The parameter turns on/off the auto-destroy functionality of a WEBSPELLCHECKER instance. By default, it is enabled for WProofreader initialized using ‘autoSearch’. It can be used to avoid monitoring the state of the instance and handling its destroy after removal of an editable container from the page.|
|ecVersion||number||2||The parameter sets version of the application for HTML editable controls. The default value is ‘2’. Value ‘1’ stands for enabling the old version of the application which is kept for backward compatibility and exception case (like old versions of IE browser).|
|requestTokensCount||number||10||The parameter sets number of tokens (sentences) per request.|
The following options have been removed and no longer available:
|enableOnTouchDevices||boolean||false||The parameter enables WEBSPELLCHECKER support on the touch devices.Note: Now enabled by default and doesn’t require an extra options.|
|disableCache||boolean||false||The parameter disables cache for storing the most popular correct and misspelled words with their suggestions. It is aimed at speeding up the proofreading process.|
|cacheSize||number||4000||The parameter sets the max cache size that will be used for storing the most popular correct and misspelled words with their suggestions. It is aimed at speeding up the proofreading process.|
|requestWordsCount||number||100||The parameter sets number of words per request.|
|requestSentencesCount||number||10||The parameter sets number of sentences per request.|
Introduced a new approach to processing grammar and spell check requests. We switched to per-sentence proofreading rather than meaningless per-word check. Now in a single request in such products as WProofreader and SCAYT plugin for CKEditor 4, we send up to 10 tokens (sentences) using a new unified command check for checking text for spelling and grammar problems at the same time.
If you are using Web API, you can consider migrating to a new check command rather than using spelling and grammar checking commands separately. Check this Check Command guide which outlines the list of all available parameters and possible values, structure of request and its response. Along with that we added Overview of HTTP Response Status Codes that you can find helpful in case of errors.
SCAYT plugin for CKEditor 4
- [WP-3049]: SCAYT plugin for CKEditor 4: The text copied and pasted in CKEditor won’t be checked for errors
- [WP-3034]: SCAYT plugin for CKEditor 4: XSS vulnerability: Grammar description with double quotes and <suggestion></suggestion> tag breaks menu in CKEditor 4
- [WP-3020]: AppServerX: Warning in console ‘CORS response parsing error: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0’
- [WP-3027]: AppServerX.xml: Incorrect description of SSLCertificateStore setting in comments