Note! Only the on-premise product version was fully released. The cloud one is still in progress. We had to roll back the cloud release, specifically changes in the backend component, due to the issues that led to the application crashes causing 5xx errors. However, all the changes introduced in the WProofreader core are available in the cloud version as well.
Updated WProofreader core v3.8.4782:
- Global badge v2. Rethought the conception and behavior of the global badge. This badge no longer is tied to text fields but is global on the page. By default, it’s disabled
globalBadge:falsebut if enabled it will be placed in the bottom right corner of the page. Its position can be regulated using the following options:
Grammar engine. Updated 3rd party engine, LanguageTool, to version 5.9.0.
- Added and improved grammar rules for the next languages: Catalan, Dutch, English, German, French, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian.
- Updated 3rd party components to fix vulnerabilities in .jar libraries: CVE-2022-42003, CVE-2022-42004, CVE-2022-3171, CVE-2022-42889.
Replaced sentence tokenization mechanism.
The old custom sentence tokenization mechanism was replaced with the ICU word break iterator tool to improve processing of words that contain dots (abbreviations), hyphens, apostrophes, special symbols, shortening with one dot, possessions, etc. This approach is implemented for all languages that are based on the Hunspell spelling check engine.
- [WP-4447] WProofreader core: No markup when user opens Full screen view in Google Gmail [detected using browser extension]
- [WP-4477] WProofreader core: No flag icon for Valencian (cat_ES) language
- [WP-4476] WProofreader core: Apostrophe (‘) is not allowed symbol for adding to the dictionary from UI
- [WP-4484] WProofreader core: WProofreader doesn’t work properly in IE11 in textareas
- [WP-4180] Spelling check engine: Incorrect processing of words with trailing hyphens in German
- [WP-4519] HTTP API: If set to “true”,
ignore_mixed_casealso affects and enables
- [WP-4501] Dictionaries: Some medical terms are recognized as incorrect words (e.g. AAOMR, ABthrax, ACTHoma, ALternaGEL)
- [WP-4491, WP-4524] Spelling: Words “filter”, “practice” and “groin” are flagged as misspellings in British English
- [WP-4452] AI engine: Misspelled words in quotes are recognized and underlined as grammar mistakes
[On-premise product version] Updated the application server (AppServer) configuration file, AppServer.X.xml:
- Updated existing tags as follows:
- Added boolean
MaxInputSizeparameter which is responsible for setting the max number of input tokens for AI language models in AppServer.X.xml. It adds flexibility in controlling model input size.